Also of interest: Professional Certificate in Nonprofit Management
The Regional Access Project Foundation’s Center for Nonprofit Advancement (CNA) is proud to sponsor 15 partial scholarships for individuals aspiring to become managers within the nonprofit industry. Qualified candidates must currently work for a nonprofit organization in Eastern Riverside County.
Those who are experienced nonprofit leaders.
What You'll Learn
Participants in this certificate program obtain an in-depth examination of the essential roles and responsibilities for growing nonprofit organizations, including:
- Recruiting, managing, and supporting top talent
- Acquiring the resources needed to effectively deliver programs and services
- Implementing systems, policies and practices for better financial results
- Measuring and improving programs and services by identifying the correct outcomes and properly evaluating impact and efficiency
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in government, volunteer or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Manager in a government office or nonprofit organization
- Arts or education program manager
- Community or volunteer organizer
Earning The Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Three or more years of experience as a nonprofit manager/executive.
- OR, completion of the Nonprofit Management Certificate Program or equivalent post-secondary training.
RAP Foundation Scholarship
For the eighth year, the Regional Access Project Foundation’s Center for Nonprofit Advancement (CNA) is proud to sponsor UCR Extension’s Professional Certificate in Nonprofit Management, to help support students aspiring to become managers within the nonprofit industry. CNA assists Eastern Riverside County, and utilizes the benefits of education to help accomplish their goal of developing the capacity of these organizations and providing them the tools needed to thrive and succeed.
Partial Scholarships Available:
- 15 partial scholarships available – limited to one individual per organization.
- Students accepted into the cohort will pay $200 for each of the five courses.
- Recipients must work or volunteer for a nonprofit organization in Eastern Riverside County.
- Recipients must live or work in Coachella Valley.
- Deadline to apply: Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before August 25, 2017.
- Complete the application online.
“This professional certificate program provided me with the skills to increase my understanding of municipal budgeting. The instructors' real-world experience gave me a clearer understanding of the accounting fundamentals that definitely supplemented the academic learning.”
Senior Management Analyst
City of Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills, Ca
Earning the Certificate
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“Whatever your goal, completing a professional certificate program will give you confidence to reach for the top. Join thousands of UCR Extension students whose lives have been transformed by our programs.”
Dr. Sharon Duffy
UCR Extension Professional Studies
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.