K-12 educators and administrators in public, private or charter school environments who are interested in furthering their knowledge of STEM education.
What You'll Learn
- The connection between curriculum standards and STEM competencies
- Methods for generating interdisciplinary connections within the learning environment
- How to design lesson plans for underrepresented student groups
- Strategies for increasing persistence and building STEM identity within underrepresented groups
- Effective teaching practices within a STEM classroom
- Best practices for effective classroom management and the integration of technology
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Teaching positions are available in both private and public schools.
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Valid California teaching credential
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
Introduction to STEM Education
Access and Equity in STEM Education
Instructional Strategies for Teaching STEM
STEM Education Capstone
“Whatever your goal, completing a professional certificate program will give you confidence to reach for the top. Join thousands of UCR Extension students whose lives have been transformed by our programs.”
Dr. Sharon Duffy
UCR Extension Professional Studies
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.