- Individuals working in the financial services industry
- Business students
- Financial assistants
What You'll Learn
- Master tax planning, budget analysis, financial statement preparation, and auditing.
- Understand and be able to apply important accounting principles to private, public and nonprofit organizations.
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements necessary to perform public accounting functions for clients.
- Be able to analyze financial statements.
- Be prepared to advise clients regarding important financial reporting requirements, strategic financial decisions and other matters related to accounting practice.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries, and can be found in firms, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Manager
“My professional certificate boosted my ability to compete in the accounting field. The courses greatly updated my skills and knowledge, and prepared me to sit for the CPA exam.”
Amy S. Linard
County of Riverside
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
Completion of this certificate meets one of the State of California educational requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
Principles of Accounting
Financial Statement Analysis
Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations I
“My managerial experiences in corporate and international banking, mergers and acquisitions, private banking, and insurance enable me to share rich examples of how important financial concepts are used by executives and managers. Plus, these real-life examples add interest to my classes--and make learning fun!”
Dr. Joan Branin
The Acorn Group
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.