Individuals who have already completed the Professional Program in Teaching in Early Child Care Settings (or equivalent) and plan to become an early care administrator, apply for a Teacher, Master Teacher, Site Supervisor or Director Child Development Permit, and/or pursue a bachelor of arts degree or higher in Child Development.
What You'll Learn
- Roles and responsibilities of the site administrator in both private and public early child care programs
- Principles of launching an educationally and financially sound program
- State licensing requirements
- Methods for supervising student teachers, assistant teachers, parents, and volunteers in early child care settings
- Adult-child and child-child relationships and their influence on shaping behavior
- Health, nutrition and safety components of early care and education
- Approaches to involving parents in the education of young children
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Teaching and administrative positions are available in both private and public schools.
“Being a student in this program has opened so many doors that allowed me to better myself and advance my education. Earning the certificate inspired me to continue to earn my B.S. degree in Child Development.”
Elena Del Pilar Flores
Special Education Teacher
San Bernardino, CA
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
Seminar in Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Centers, Part A
Seminar in Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Education Centers, Part B
Supervising Adults Within Early Childhood Educational Settings
Health, Nutrition and Safety in Early Childhood
Observation and Assessment of Children's Behavior
“Whatever your goal, completing a professional certificate program will give you confidence to reach for the top. Join thousands of UCR Extension students whose lives have been transformed by our programs.”
Dr. Sharon Duffy
UCR Extension Professional Studies
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.